The National Geographic Magazine, an illustrated monthly, the May Number.
It includes the following articles:
- A Winter Voyage Through The Straights Of Magellan, by the late Admiral R. W. Meade, U.S.N.
- Admiral R. W. Meade, U.S.N., by John Hyde
- Costa Rica, by Señor Ricardo Villafranca
- Applied Physiography In South Carolina, by L. C. Glenn
- Sheik Said, by Ernest De Sasseville
- Geographic Literature, Serials and Miscellanea
from LibriVox’s New Releases http://librivox.org/the-national-geographic-magazine-vol-08-05-may-1897-by-national-geographic-society/