The new season for Capture The Flag in Overwatch has its first update that’s sure to anger many a player, as Blizzard has removed the ability for you to use Lúcio to Wall Ride while holding the flag all the way to the goal. Why is this an issue? Because players have been using the ability to get to places on the map that many others can’t get to, basically giving Lúcio players a nearly free and clear path to victory. So now, if you grab the flag as Lúcio and begin to do a Wall Ride, you’ll drop the flag immediately. Below is the complete list of patch notes that came out today, but that is the only character-specific nerf for this patch.
- Wall Ride
- Activating Wall Ride will now cause the flag to drop during Capture the Flag matches
Developer Comments:Lúcio’s Wall Ride allowed him to reach unintended places in Capture the Flag maps, which made it overly difficult for opponents to stop him. So, we have changed the ability to cause the flag to drop instead for better balanced matches.
- Fixed a typo that caused the Lunar New Year banner to display the wrong end date for Overwatch Lunar New Year
- Fixed a bug that sometimes caused the client to crash after a player used the Hero Skin Selection dropdown menu in Hero Select
Capture the Flag
- Fixed a bug that allowed Winston to pick up the flag while airborne after activating his Jump Pack
- Fixed a bug that caused flags dropped near ceilings to get stuck inside of walls
- Fixed a bug that caused Mei to levitate if she used Cryo-stasis
Game Browser and Custom Games
- Fixed a bug that prevented players from playing games in the Arcade if they were using a trial account
- Fixed a bug that caused hero ultimate charges to reset after the first death if a player changed their skin using the Hero Skin Selection a second before the match began
- Fixed a bug that caused Zarya’s reaction animations to loop continuously after taking damage following the destruction of her Particle Barrier
- Fixed a bug that prevented the Weekly Rewards timer in from displaying correctly in the Arcade
The post The Latest Overwatch Patch Takes Out A Lúcio CTF Cheat appeared first on Bleeding Cool News And Rumors.