On the February 14, 2018 episode of /Film Daily, editor-in-chief Peter Sciretta is joined by /Film weekend editor Brad Oman, and writer Hoai-Tran Bui to talk about the latest news, including the original script for Bill & Ted’s Excellent Adventure, a Call of Duty movie, Netflix acquires more talent, Get Out goes free, Blue Sky Studios is making an animated musical, Den of Thieves somehow got a sequel, and why the Millenium Falcon looks different in Solo: A Star Wars Story.
At the Water Cooler:
- Peter watched the first episode of Altered Carbon, finding it hard to stay on his Keto diet on Valentine’s Day
- HT celebrated Lunar New Year
- Brad saw Phantom Thread
In the News:
- The Original Script Pages for ‘Bill and Ted’s Excellent Adventure’ Have a Surprisingly Emotional Origin
- ‘Call of Duty’ Movie Enlists ‘Sicario 2’ Director to Kick Off Video Game Franchise
- Netflix Nabs Ryan Murphy in Huge Deal Reportedly Worth $300 Million
- See ‘Get Out’ for Free in Select AMC Theatres Locations on Presidents’ Day
- Blue Sky Studios Hires First Female Director for Its First Animated Musical
- Gerard Butler Fanatics Rejoice: A ‘Den of Thieves’ Sequel Is Happening
- Why the Millennium Falcon Looks Different in ‘Solo: A Star Wars Story’
You can find more about all the stories we mentioned on today’s show at slashfilm.com. /Film Daily is published every weekday, bringing you the most exciting news from the world of movies and television as well as deeper dives into the great features from slashfilm.com. You can subscribe to /Film Daily on iTunes, Google Play, Overcast and all the popular podcast apps (RSS). Please feel free to send your feedback, questions or comments to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and leave your name and general geographic location in case we mention the e-mail on the air. Please rate and review the podcast on iTunes and spread the word! Thanks to Sam Hume for our logo.
The post Daily Podcast: Bill & Ted, Call of Duty, Netflix, Get Out, Blue Sky, Den of Thieves 2, Han Solo appeared first on /Film.