On the December 6, 2018 episode of /Film Daily, /Film editor in chief Peter Sciretta is joined by /Filmed weekend editor Brad Oman, senior writer Ben Pearson and writer Chris Evangelista to talk the latest film and tv news, including Golden Globe nominations, Chucky, 21 Jump Street, Resident Evil, MoviePass, and Die Hard. And /Film Managing Editor Jacob Hall joins us to discuss what is and isn’t a Christmas Movie.
Opening Banter: It’s pouring in Los Angeles today!
In The News:
- Ben: 2019 Golden Globe Nominations: ‘Vice’ and ‘The Assassination of Gianni Versace’ Top Golden Globe Nods
- Chris: Chucky Creator Don Mancini is Really Unhappy About the ‘Child’s Play’ Remake
- Brad: Female-Led ’21 Jump Street’ Spin-Off Eyeing Tiffany Haddish and Awkwafina to Star
- Ben: ‘Resident Evil’ Reboot to Be Directed By ’47 Meters Down’ Filmmaker Johannes Roberts
- Brad: MoviePass Promises They’ve Changed, Announces New Monthly Plans
- Chris: New Poll Shows Most People Don’t Consider ‘Die Hard’ to be a Christmas Movie, So Can We Bury This Argument Already?
In Our Feature Presentation:
- /Film Managing Editor Jacob Hall joins us to debate What Is A Christmas Movie, And What Is Not?
All the other stuff you need to know:
- You can find more about all the stories we mentioned on today’s show at slashfilm.com, and linked inside the show notes.
- /Film Daily is published every weekday, bringing you the most exciting news from the world of movies and television as well as deeper dives into the great features from slashfilm.com.
- You can subscribe to /Film Daily on iTunes, Google Play, Overcast, Spotify and all the popular podcast apps (RSS).
- Send your feedback, questions, comments and concerns to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please leave your name and general geographic location in case we mention the e-mail on the air.
- Please rate and review the podcast on iTunes, tell your friends and spread the word!
- Thanks to Sam Hume for our logo.