Do you have a passion for Kids TV and have a good understanding of public relations? Nickelodeon UK, the number one brand for kids, has the perfect job opportunity for you!:
NICKELODEON JUNIOR PUBLICIST
Closing Date: 15 January 2019
Job Type: Full time
The Viacom International Media Networks PR Team
The Viacom International Media Networks (VIMN) brand PR team is part of a newly crafted cross brand creative, media and social hub. Its aim is to become the best consumer comms team in the media industry dedicated to delivering innovative, creative and news-agenda driving communications strategies that leverage all platforms across Viacom’s consumer brands including Nickelodeon, Channel 5, Comedy Central and MTV.
The Role: Junior Publicist: Nickelodeon (23 month fixed-term contract)
The brand PR team has an opportunity for an enthusiastic Junior Publicist to join Nickelodeon, the brand where kids rule! Nickelodeon is the number one commercial kids network in the UK, with its main channels comprising Nickelodeon, Nick Jr. and Nicktoons. The channels are available in over 13 million cable and satellite homes and now reach more than 10 million viewers a month.
Nickelodeon is home of SpongeBob SquarePants, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, PAW Patrol, Nella the Princess Knight and the messiest music festival for kids, SLIMEFEST!
Nickelodeon also produces bespoke content available online and on Nick Play, as well as consumer product and recreation opportunities such as the UK’s first-ever branded theme park, Nickelodeon Land at Blackpool Pleasure Beach.
The Junior Publicist is responsible for supporting communications campaigns across the Nickelodeon channels. The main focus of the role is to support the Brand PR team in executing high-impact tactics that support the strategic objectives of the channels, aiming to generate targeted features that significantly raise the profile of the network in UK media.
Reporting into the Nickelodeon Senior Publicist, the successful candidate will support initiatives to drive consumer awareness for its channels and properties as well as support high profile events including Nickelodeon’s SLIMEFEST at Blackpool Pleasure Beach and a brand new London-based summer event – Nickelodeon Big Base Camp. The role is very hands on and wide-ranging and may require support in everything from picture and synopsis requests to press releases, competitions and event organisation.
– Compiling and sending out weekly programming highlights
– Gathering and distributing weekly internal highlights
– Approving activity pages in the kids’ media and selling in new pre-school shows for coverage
– Selling in stories to kids, regional and entertainment press
– Securing coverage for new shows in key kids and entertainment press (including listings)
– Uploading approved press releases to the Viacom website
– Managing all picture, synopsis and asset requests from press
– Drafting press releases for specific launches
– Updating the master contacts list
– Monitor coverage and distribute to relevant business areas
– Organising and fulfilling competitions and promotions
– Support press team in event organisation including sending invites, tracking rsvps, booking travel and helping with hosting at events
– To administrate department budget, raising purchase orders, keeping track of invoices and updating cost tracker spreadsheet
Tracking media coverage, updating the tracker and sharing with appropriate team members
The Ideal Candidate
– At least a year’s PR experience (in house or agency) ideally in entertainment
– An excellent multi-tasker with the ability to work under pressure when required
– A genuine interest in kids and youth
– Strong writing skills
– A passion for media and good understanding of UK media landscape
– Excellent organisational skills
– Willingness to be hands-on – including admin duties
– Enthusiasm and sense of humour!
– A positive, can-do attitude
This job description is a guide to the work you will be initially required to undertake. It may be changed from time to time to meet changing circumstances. It does not form part of your contract of employment and as your experience grows you will be expected to broaden your tasks, suggest improvements, solve problems and enhance the effectiveness of the role. This specification summarises the main aspects of the job but does not cover all the duties that the job holder may have to perform.
If this is you, then apply now at Viacom Talent! Good luck to everyone who applies! 🙂
At Viacom, they value and celebrate difference. The company wants to ensure that they fully represent the make-up of UK society in their workforce as well as bringing diverse perspectives to their business. They want to make sure that Diversity and Inclusion are not just buzz words; they truly want to foster an authentic inclusive environment, where all employees feel that they can bring their whole selves to work.
Viacom’s Recruitment Privacy Notice for Viacom entities in the EEA and Switzerland is available here.
Follow NickALive! on Twitter, Tumblr, Google+, via RSS, on Instagram, and/or Facebook for the latest Nickelodeon UK News and Highlights!