If you want to see the future of PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds, the PC test server is where to play. Developer PUBG Corp. deploys frequent updates to the server to beta-test new features, and a new patch was released today on Steam. In addition to tweaks to the desert map, the patch also adds a new anti-cheating measure.
The desert map, called Miramar, has been playable for around a month now, and it’s provided players a significantly different experience to the original map. Although it’s largely been received positively, the studio has received some feedback, and this test server update attempts to address certain complaints. For example, the patch adds more structures and cover “to improve the engagement experience,” adds more off-road routes, and rebalances the item spawn level of certain areas.
The patch also includes a variety of other tweaks and fixes. Among other things, it removes the bug that allowed heal and boost items to be used underwater, and it solves certain glitches resulting in players getting stuck in Miramar.
The most notable addition in the test server update is a new anti-cheating solution that PUBG Corp. is working on. PUBG has had an issue with various cheats and exploits over the past few months, and the studio has struggled to address it. Although the developer didn’t provide many details on the new anti-cheat system, it did say that it’s still under development and that it’s gathering data on possible compatibility issues.
In other news, PUBG recently received an update on Xbox One as well. It focuses primarily on vehicle damage rebalancing but also includes certain optimization tweaks and improvements. You can read more about it here.
PUBG PC Test Server Patch Notes
- Miramar improvements
- Added more buildings and cover across the map to improve the engagement experience
- Added more off-road routes for easier vehicle navigation
- Upgraded the item spawn level of certain areas for loot balancing (some areas will spawn better loot)
- The replay system has now been updated to a newer version and past replay files cannot be played anymore
- Fixed the issue where heal and boost items could be used underwater
- Fixed the issue where characters would get stuck in certain areas on Miramar
- Fixed the issue where wall textures on some Miramar buildings were not displaying correctly
- Fixed the issue where certain buildings near by Hacienda del Patron were not displaying correctly